Training is a widely used organization development tool. Whenever possible, we transfer our skills to our client’s workforce, or train our client’s trainers, so they can continue to develop the organization’s competencies without us.
We customize all our programs to meet our clients’ needs. Every training program was originally developed for clients after analyzing their training needs. We are continually developing new programs to address the evolving needs of today’s constantly changing organizations. All our programs use proven adult training methods. We are glad to develop new programs, combine programs, and refine programs, based on your organization’s specific needs.
The Human Dimension’s targeted training programs include:
- Building a “Learning Organization“
- Building Trust
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Consensus Building
- Dealing with Resistance
- Decision Making
- Designing Training Programs that Work
- Developing Leaders
- Emotional Intelligence
- Flex Selling for Salespeople
- Fostering Creativity
- Intercultural Skills
- Leadership Skills for Managers
- Leveraging Diversity
- Managing in China or Hong Kong
- Managing Your Career
- Motivating & Inspiring Employees
- Multicultural team building
- Myers-Briggs® Personality Type
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Understanding Oneself & Others
- Modular Training
All Human Dimension training programs are in modular format. This means they can be presented in different formats, from fifteen minutes, to 90 minutes, to five days long. The ideal time to present training is just-in-time — at the moment the person or group will benefit from immediately using the tool or concept. Often we present mini-modules in the middle of a meeting we are facilitating or observing. For example, if we see that the group will progress more effectively if everyone uses a certain technique, (like the interpersonal skills of using I Statements or effective listening, or the group decision-making techniques like Venn Diagrams or Brainstorming), or if the group will benefit from a shared awareness (for example, clarifying the team’s mission or revisiting the group’s meeting norms), we “intervene” in the meeting and lead the group to learn and use the skill or concept in the moment. Often it is effective for a group to take time out from work to learn a new skill. In that case, we not only teach them how to make better decisions, or how to build a team; but whenever feasible, we lead them to make actual decisions, and actually build their team at the same time as they are adding to their knowledge of how to do it.
Myers-Briggs® Personality Type Training for Your Employees
We offer Myers-Briggs® personality type training for managers, supervisors, professionals, and administrative and support staff in your organization.
Training Programs and Materials In Chinese
Human Dimension staff can train in English, Mandarin, or Cantonese, using our own trainers and translators who have worked with us for years and thoroughly understand the psychological concepts that underpin our work. Our materials are in traditional or simplified Chinese characters (View a sample in PDF format here, 157 K). All of our programs are tailored to your organization’s particular needs and the level of the audience. We add additional topics as we develop them for clients, and we’re glad to develop other programs. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
Mandarin Training Programs
We offer the following training programs in Mandarin:
Understanding Yourself and Others Using Personality Type (Myers-Briggs®)
This program has been extremely successful with managers and professionals in Mainland China’s businesses. It is taught by Eileen Broer, a recognized expert on teaching personality type in China. (See her article, “Teaching Personality Type in Mainland China.”) The program is presented in English with Chinese translation by our experienced Chinese trainers. Materials are presented in simplified Chinese characters. This workshop is highly experiential. Chinese participants have reported the course’s effects as: “life changing,” “made me a much better manager,” “now I understand myself and why others are the way they are,” “now I understand my boss,” “saved my marriage!”
Communications Skills for Managers and Salespeople (Using Myers-Briggs® Personality Type)
This program has been successfully presented in Mainland China with managers and salespeople. Participants learn their own personality type and how to recognize other people’s types. They learn how they can adapt their own behaviors to meet the needs of their customers and employees. They become better motivators of customers and employees. This workshop is experiential and effective. Chinese participants say they have found it to be very helpful in building better relationships with their employees, clients, and customers.
Cantonese Training Programs
We offer the following training programs in Cantonese.
- Communications Skills
- Communication Skills for IT Professionals
- Customer Service for Retail Staff
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Myers-Briggs® Personality Type Training
- Proposal Writing
- Report Writing
- Personality Type Training
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Professional Image/Business Etiquette
- Receptionist Skills (tutorial)
- Supervisory Skills
- Team Building
- Time Management
- Workplace English Skills
What They Say About Our Training Programs
What Participants in Western Companies Said After Attending Human Dimension Workshops
- I especially liked the open discussions and examples.
- Very planned, orderly, and flexible.
- I liked the interaction of the group and seeing the differences between all of us.
- I enjoyed the time for reflection.
- Excellent presentation. I enjoyed getting everyone to participate in the team building and self-understanding.
- I liked seeing how everyone’s characteristics compared to my own.
- I learned to be more flexible in my decision making.
- Everyone has many different characteristics. All can be useful in day-to-day business– not bothersome!
- I can now get the best out of myself and others.
- Change is not always wrong.
- I learned about my teammates and how to deal with them.
- I argue too much. I may not be as relaxed as I think I am.
- I discovered that I need to change, and I learned that I need to be more open in meetings and with my team.
- I will now reach closure on issues quicker with team members who have conflicts with me.
- People have different levels of comfort zone and ways of thinking.
- I learned the importance of closure, open communication. All of us indicated a need for recognition of a good job, but we are mostly “thinkers” who don’t give many pats on the back.
What Participants in Chinese Companies Said After Attending Human Dimension Workshops
- I find it useful knowing how to arrange my work and how to communicate with others.
- I received a lot of very useful suggestions from the teachers and friends.
- The environment is very important for a person to show and perform as his real self.
- A person’s responsibility is to give himself a chance and to give others a chance.
- I know now why it is easier for me to make friends with certain people and why I just cannot understand others.
- When facing a problem, I will think about using the opposite type purposely.
- Helped me understand myself more completely. Very useful and practical.
- I understand my strengths and shortcomings, and know how to improve them.
- I learned how to be a better salesman, and how to communicate with different kinds of people.
- When dealing with people, I will deal with them individually.
- I now understand how to manage my people better.
- Great for helping us be better team members.
- There are different types of people in the world and we have to adapt to different people and accept them.
- I see that approaching problems in different ways can be healthy and productive for an organization.
- Now I can avoid making mistakes according to the potential weaknesses of my character type.